The latest meme from the Anti Second Amendment crowd is “We need a conversation about guns” as implying that they are the sensitive/cordial/intelligent side willing to sit down and come to reasonable solution.
The problem is that we had the conversation already. Hell, for many years it was not much of a conversation but their side just hollering and spouting propaganda at the willing sycophants in the media while we were trying to counter their attacks…excuse me.. “conversation.”
- When Florida passed its concealed weapons law, your “conversation” was to scream to the heavens that a new era of Wild West Shootings were about to begin. “Blood on the streets” was the recurring motto. Twenty five years later the stats showed you were wrong, year after year.
- When other states followed suit and even surpassed Florida on Gun Laws favoring gun ownership for the Civilians, your “conversation” swore on a stack of bibles that we were about to see an increase of violent crime like never seen since Sodom and Gomorrah and the Fall of the Roman Empire. We are now at a 40 year low for all types of violent crimes, yet you have not had the guts to admit you were wrong.
- Your “conversation” still says that we Gun Owners are just criminals waiting to misuse out guns. Yet those statistics you forced states to keep in order to track us and “absolutely prove” civilians shouldn’t have weapons keep demonstrating we are better Law Abiding citizens by a factor of five than the average US Citizen and scores if compared against members of Mayors Against Illegal Guns.
- When the Murrah Building in Oklahoma City was bombed, your “conversation” immediately accused the NRA and Gun Owners of the attack even before the victims were rescued or accounted for and even after Timothy McVeigh had confessed. We never received an apology for that “conversation.”
- When we warned that the Gun Free Zones you were demanding in order to “feel” safe were potential killing zones, you “conversation” got shrilly and assured people that it was a perfectly safe place for family and friends. Of course, the crazy and the criminal were not deterred by the law and went on to attack people inside those Gun Free Zones. But instead of admitting you were wrong, your “conversation” blamed the attacks on Gun Owners because it was easier than saying “We are responsible for those deaths.”
- For many years your “conversation” kept saying that The Right Of The People as stated in the Second Amendment was actually a collective right but never explained how come The Right Of The People in the other amendments was an individual right. We took it all the way to the Supreme Court and our side of the “conversation” won the ruling but you still will not accept it.
- Your “conversation” as of lately has progressed into demanding that Gun owners should be treated like terrorists, stripped of their rights and arrested ‘en masse.’ We are “insurrectionists” (and just like our Forefathers, very proud to be called that) and even “Traitors against the Government.” I have news for you Sparky: Being against any administration is not treason, hell it is not even codified as such in the Constitution. Treason is a crime against the United States and the Government is NOT the United States. U.S. Constitution, Article Three, Section Three :Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. There you go, you should have paid more attention during civics class.
I could go on and on, but one thing is clear:
The Conversation is over. You Lied And Lost. We Won. Get Over It.