Just caught the warning from Florida Carry about a flurry of amendments that the Antis are trying to attach to the bills. I went to the Florida site and so far found:
- Magazine capacity limits (and kinda schizoid as they ask for both 10 and 15 rounds)
- Back to the odious “For Law Enforcement Only” on magazines with too many boolits.
- Makes it illegal the Open Carry of a high-capacity ammunition feeding device attached to a firearm.
- Makes certain types of US Residents ineligible to get a CWP without rhyme or reason.
- Makes US Residents ineligible to get a CWP (yes, that too)
- Creates new Gun Free Zones at Churches and assorted religious buildings.
- Creates new Gun Free Zones at Hospitals.
- Prohibited to Open Carry within 500 feet of any place where alcohol is served.
- Prohibited to Open Carry within 500 feet of Movie Theaters.
- Prohibited to Open Carry within 500 feet of Religious Building.
- Prohibited to Open Carry within 500 feet of a polling place.
- Prohibited to Open Carry within 500 feet of a school as defined by Statute 810.0975.
- Deny CWP to anybody in the magical No-Fly-List.
- Deny CWP to anybody in the magical Terror-Watch list.
There might be more, but I am tired of reading the damn long list as different Reps introduced similar amendments. But I think it we do not need more examples.
To contact the Florida representatives is easy, it only takes three copy & pastes. Go to this announcement by Florida carry and follow the instructions. It will take you about 5 minutes, maybe six.
The Opposition is still pissed off with Virginia and they are looking for satisfaction somewhere else. Let’s send them to buy a box of tissue and a bottle of lotion, but they don’t get to sabotage gun good laws because their bought politician up north did not stay bought.