Florida Pro Gun Bills Under Attack. We need to pressure the Legislature.
Just caught the warning from Florida Carry about a flurry of amendments that the Antis are trying to attach to the bills. I went to the Florida site and so far found:
- Magazine capacity limits (and kinda schizoid as they ask for both 10 and 15 rounds)
- Back to the odious “For Law Enforcement Only” on magazines with too many boolits.
- Makes it illegal the Open Carry of a high-capacity ammunition feeding device attached to a firearm.
- Makes certain types of US Residents ineligible to get a CWP without rhyme or reason.
- Makes US Residents ineligible to get a CWP (yes, that too)
- Creates new Gun Free Zones at Churches and assorted religious buildings.
- Creates new Gun Free Zones at Hospitals.
- Prohibited to Open Carry within 500 feet of any place where alcohol is served.
- Prohibited to Open Carry within 500 feet of Movie Theaters.
- Prohibited to Open Carry within 500 feet of Religious Building.
- Prohibited to Open Carry within 500 feet of a polling place.
- Prohibited to Open Carry within 500 feet of a school as defined by Statute 810.0975.
- Deny CWP to anybody in the magical No-Fly-List.
- Deny CWP to anybody in the magical Terror-Watch list.
There might be more, but I am tired of reading the damn long list as different Reps introduced similar amendments. But I think it we do not need more examples.
To contact the Florida representatives is easy, it only takes three copy & pastes. Go to this announcement by Florida carry and follow the instructions. It will take you about 5 minutes, maybe six.
The Opposition is still pissed off with Virginia and they are looking for satisfaction somewhere else. Let’s send them to buy a box of tissue and a bottle of lotion, but they don’t get to sabotage gun good laws because their bought politician up north did not stay bought.
October 22, 2016
October 22, 2016
October 21, 2016