The European Parliament re-started its maneuvers to impose stricter gun control with what we fear the most: Confiscation without compensation.
Unfortunately the video is in Spanish, but for those of you who can understand it, here you go.
The questions that the woman ask are two: Do we know how many of the Category B under Council Directive 91/477/EEC are out there and what about compensation.
Category B – Firearms subject to authorization
1. Semi-automatic or repeating short firearms.
2. Single-shot short firearms with centre-fire percussion.
3. Single-shot short firearms with rimfire percussion whose overall length is less than 28 cm.
4. Semi-automatic long firearms whose magazine and chamber can together hold more than three rounds.
5. Semi-automatic long firearms whose magazine and chamber cannot together hold more than three rounds, where the loading device is removable or where it is not certain that the weapon cannot be converted, with ordinary tools, into a weapon whose magazine and chamber can together hold more than three rounds.
6. Repeating and semi-automatic long firearms with smooth-bore barrels not exceeding 60 cm in length.
7. Semi-automatic firearms for civilian use which resemble weapons with automatic mechanisms.
The man replies that they do not have an accurate account as of yet due to each countries record keeping issues but that they are working on it. And on the subject of compensation the amount will be a big fat zero.
It is obvious that they wouldn’t be talking about compensation if they were not planning on a continent-wide confiscation order. European Gun Right organizations are pissed off as they were assured that no confiscation would be happening, only some extra controls to make sure guns would not end in the hands of the bad guys… a song we are very much familiar with but they were not.
That there was an raid in Brussels itself where four cops were wounded and a Jihadist asshole linked to the Paris attack was killed might have closed the brains of the politicos and decided to play into the hands of those who do not like regular folks to reply with gunfire attacks on them.
The only issue the European Parliament has in its hands is Finland who has made very clear they will not disarm. Maybe they will be the fly in the ointment and stop this nonsense or maybe not and decided to go against the Crazy Ones. I heard somewhere that there are two major principles in European warfare: 1) Never invade Russia in the Winter and 2) You just don’t fuck with the Finns.
This is going to be a very interesting year in Europe.
(Think Chinese curse.)