One day in the past, I had a moment of clarity and invited J. Kb. to be a regular writer for the blog. As somebody known for not making the right decisions (according to the missus anyway) having him around has been a great improvement for the blog. I feel that I need to expand the blog and I am in search for a member of Gun Culture 2.0 who feels the need to write, but do not want to deal with the whole creating a blog/website/domain name, etc. Just sit down, write something (mostly) gun-related and post it.
What I am looking for is somebody 35 years of age and under, preferably a lady (We desperately need more female voices/writers) who is involved in some measure in Shooting Guns and/or Gun Rights and/or Gun Lifestyle. Other “requirements” are:
- Be passionate about what you write. Type from your heart and not from what you think People want to read.
- Be regular. No, I don’t mean more fiber in your diet, write at least 3 posts a week and I mean write, not just posting cute pics of cats.
- Essence over Word Count. It does not have to be a thousand-word (TL/DR) but do write a few lines that means/teach something.
- Thick Skin. Although blessed with some of the most polite readers in the Net, you will be bound to get some haters.
- Don’t mind being wrong. It is a learning experience for everybody, you included. Just fix it and carry on.
- No contracts or obligations to stay. If you find that you really do not like writing and want to stop or you find it so appealing that you want to try on your own or maybe (fingers crossed) somebody likes your material and is willing to pay for it and want you exclusively, go for it. However we will retain bragging rights.
What you get:
- A place to publish what you feel.
- A benign Dictator/Editor who probably will not interfere with your work at all.
- No remuneration. Nobody is getting paid here but we may snag a discount with Dennis and his holsters.
- The hate of Gun Control groups like CSGV, Brady and Everytown/Moms Demand. They do not like this blog one bit. Badge of Honor right there.
- The amazing network of other gun bloggers out there. They are the coolest people you will ever meet.
- The distinct possibility that your labor changes at least one person to our cause.
Interested? Know somebody you think might be good fit? Drop me a line via miguel AT gunfreezone DOT net