The new trend amongst the gun “chic” is to openly badmouth the NRA. According to several posts in blogs and open letters, we should basically go to Virginia and set fire to the NRA Building ’cause the NRA is not doing enough. The latest and loudest comes from the director Jewish For The Preservation of Firearms Ownership Aaron Zelman in An Open Letter To Ted Nugent: “The Day I’ll Join The NRA.
Others are bitching about the NRA’s meet in North Carolina not being allowed to carry inside the convention center. Others are still pissed that the NRA got in the Supreme Court presentation in McDonald v. Chicago even though that after reading the transcripts, it seems we will be winning because the NRA’s due process clause approach after the beating Alan Gura (and God Bless this man’s work) took from all judges about Incorporation.
So the gripes against the NRA are limitless. I posted in Say Uncle that by next week, somebody will say that the NRA was secretly funding the Violence Policy Center. I am willing to bet that the loudest crybabies are the ones that only pay the yearly $35 for NRA’s membership. That little card it seems has become the Official Welfare Card of the Gun Owners because their “members” make some amazing demands and in a time frame that borders selective stupidity. It seems that personal responsibility went out the window and we are behaving exactly as like those lazy ass bastards on the Government Cheese sucking the life out of the hard working people through taxation to pay for their housing, medicines and … yes, government cheese.
Some examples why NRA is bad (according to the crybabies) because :
- It hasn’t destroyed The National Firearms Act.
- It has not achieved yet Constitutional Carry.
- Does not provide Lawyers Pro Bono if you are stupid enough to break gun laws.
- It is too cozy with Cops. (Like pissing off all LEOs is something to be proud of or even smart.)
- They are too close to Washington D.C.
The crybabies demand (for $35 a year):
- Free Guns
- Free Ammo
- Instant reversal of US v. MIller.
- Instant Constitutional Carry (The fact that carrying a weapon was unheard off in the last century and a half except in the West does not apply)
- Free pro Bono lawyers for any kind of legal problems.
- Do more for Hunting and less for Gun Rights
- Do more for Gun Rights and less for Hunting.
- Get pro gun laws written, passed by congress and signed into law within 24 hours (just like they solve crimes in CSI)
Really people, shut the fuck up. And pardon my french but enough with the rubbish.