Apparently a compromise between Joe Manchin, (D), and Patrick J. Toomey, (R) on their version of Universal Background checks. Rumors go that:
- All internet sales must go thru FFL
- All Gun Show sales must go thru FFL
- Private sales remain private.
- No Dianne Feinstein AWB or Hi Cap mag BS attached to the bill.
- Federal funding for the states to improve data entry for NCIS.
- Transfer remains as sale of firearm and no as change of possession of firearm.
If this is the bill that will be brought to the floor of Congress, we can call it a MAJOR win.
But the proof is in the pudding…. we shall see later today. My guess is that barring some last-minute treachery, this may pass without many objections. The White House is desperate for a “win” (yes they would call this a win) and stop bleeding political favors as they had with this issue.