Sad story out of North Carolina: 4-year-old dies when he picks an unattended gun from a top of a fridge and kills himself and the Dad gets criminally charged. The Moms pick it up and the followers run with their usual compassion:
Even though there are laws about this, prosecutors are not fond to apply them if they see that it was not a total disregard or presence of Mens Rea. Of course, that does not matter to the Stepford Moms Demand Action:
- Emily C Reubush YEAH! With all the idiocy coming out of NC lately, I’m proud they’ve done something right.
- Keri Cameron Hooks Idiot who was in the military should know better. That poor mother. My heart breaks for her. I hope she takes those babies away from him!
- Gay Fantz ANY adult who leaves a gun within reach of a child must be held responsible for endangerment! Report them to authorities BEFORE harm comes to another child!!!
- Gloria M Banta It’s about freaking time! The 2nd Amendment is an awesome responsibility, and should never be taken lightly.
- Shawna Jackson Wilde He murdered his son.
- Leslie Burrell Wow, in NC even. First thing they’ve done right in awhile
- Stephanie Beckman I’m not happy about any of this, but the man needs to experience the consequences of his actions.
- Connie F. Mueller Bellucci If I was this baby’s mom, I would rip this guy’s nuts off, and shove them down his throat!!
- Carol J Barker Spriggs I will probably catch hell for this, but I don’t feel sorry for this man at all. If you’re going to have a loaded gun in the house with a small child around, guess you don’t have a brain in your head. I do feel sorry for the family but even the mother bears some resposibility here!
- Martina Nicholson it starts with teaching people to be violent. This man was a soldier. We need to start teaching people how to be PEACE-makers, PEACE-ful. When soldiers come back from war, they need to be re-instated into PEACE-time society. The only tool some of them have is a gun, and the only thing they have been taught is to shoot it. And so many come back with terrible anger, terrible suffering. The way we teach them is so terrible. As a society, we failed this father and his son.
And bet your ass that this coming Sunday, some or most of them will go to church and actually believe they are good Christians with lots of love for their fellow-man.