LEO Weekly is an online magazine that describes itself as “Publishing Louisville’s arts and entertainment news, community-focused stories, and colorful local commentary since 1990.”
On August 16, they published some hard core neo-Nazi propaganda.
I don’t think they realized that they did, because it was an OpEd written my a member of Louisville’s chapter of Black Lives Matter, but it was neo-Nazi propaganda nevertheless.
White people, here are 10 requests from a Black Lives Matter leader.
1. White people, if you don’t have any descendants, will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably one that lives in generational poverty.
2. White people, if you’re inheriting property you intend to sell upon acceptance, give it to a black or brown family. You’re bound to make that money in some other white privileged way.
3. If you are a developer or realty owner of multi-family housing, build a sustainable complex in a black or brown blighted neighborhood and let black and brown people live in it for free.
4. White people, if you can afford to downsize, give up the home you own to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.
5. White people, if any of the people you intend to leave your property to are racists assholes, change the will, and will your property to a black or brown family. Preferably a family from generational poverty.
6. White people, re-budget your monthly so you can donate to black funds for land purchasing.
7. White people, especially white women (because this is yaw specialty — Nosey Jenny and Meddling Kathy), get a racist fired. Yaw know what the fuck they be saying. You are complicit when you ignore them. Get your boss fired cause they racist too.
8. Backing up No. 7, this should be easy but all those sheetless Klan, Nazi’s and Other lil’ dick-white men will all be returning to work. Get they ass fired. Call the police even: they look suspicious.
9. OK, backing up No. 8, if any white person at your work, or as you enter in spaces and you overhear a white person praising the actions from yesterday, first, get a pic. Get their name and more info. Hell, find out where they work — Get Them Fired. But certainly address them, and, if you need to, you got hands: use them.
10. Commit to two things: Fighting white supremacy where and how you can (this doesn’t mean taking up knitting, unless you’re making scarves for black and brown kids in need), and funding black and brown people and their work.
#RunUsOurLand #Reparations #YouGonLearnToday #RunUsOurMoney
Yes, you read those correctly. The demands of Black Lives Matter Louisville are that white people give black people real estate and then publicly shame and try to get fired other white people.
This is every single terrible stereotype about black people and social justice activists mashed together into one listicle.
White Supremacists: “Blacks are lazy, they can’t speak English and demand handouts. The Left hates white people and wants to take everything away from us and give it to the blacks.”
Moderates: “No they are not.”
Black Lives Matter: “Shut up whitey, hold my beer.”
Something like this hits my inbox I have a reflexively terrible thought, then tell myself to calm down. The only reason I was able to buy a home as soon as I did was I inherited enough money after my father’s passing to make a minimum down payment.
For some young white person with a mountain of college debt, doing their best to save that minimum 5% down, reading that list might be driven further into the arms of the alt-Right.
This kind of advocacy doesn’t create Back Lives Matter supporters out of white people. It creates Nazis.