- Semi Automatic Pistols are now considered “assault weapons”
- Any semi automatic rifle with the ability to accept a detachable magazine & there is no mention of how many rounds, but if I am reading right, the “ability to use high capacity” will play factor in banning all semi auto rifles.
- Any pistol weighing more than 50 ounces.
- Any semi auto firearm that has a full automatic version. (Glocks, Berettas, 1911s come to mind)
- Only legal magazines must have only 7 rounds.
- You will be required to get a certificate of possession to own an “assault weapon” or large capacity magazine prior to October 1, 2018. Obviously no more sales of the such after that date.
- The usual exemption to Military and police.
I want you to understand something: Florida is a major prize for the Gun Control crowd. Forget “Where California Goes The Rest of The Country Goes” when it comes to guns in the eyes of every Gun Controller, it was Florida where the avalanche of Pro Gun laws began. If the manage to revert Concealed Carry or Band Semi Auto Rifles and Pistols, it would be like killing the Unicorn.
Start pestering your Legislators and the Governor. Every day of every week till we are sure none of this shit has a life. We need specially to target Senators Anitere Flores and Rene Garcia who were the turncoats in the last session. Senator Greg Steube is the chair of the Judiciary where the bill is sitting and he has been good with gun right. Show him support. The links go to their official pages and you can contact them there.
Also, bother the rest of the people in the Judiciary committee. Anything with a D will vote in favor of the bills, so give them a gentle reminder of the political consequences to do so.
Gun Control groups are smelling spineless in the water, we need to have our legislator develop some backbone or we are going to be screwed. And add in your email to everybody that we want the 2014 SB 968 to allow volunteer teachers and school personnel to be armed in schools. Some real school safety. This has too be our counterpunch. No more schools without protection just because unions and Liberals hate guns more than they love kids.
1 A bill to be entitled
2 An act relating to school safety; providing
3 legislative intent; amending s. 790.115, F.S.;
4 providing an exception to a prohibition on possession
5 of firearms or other specified devices on school
6 property or in other specified areas for authorized
7 concealed weapon or firearm licensees as designated by
8 school principals or district superintendents;
9 providing requirements for designees; amending s.
10 1006.07, F.S.; requiring a school district board to
11 formulate policies and procedures for managing active
12 shooter and hostage situations; requiring that active-
13 shooter training for each school be conducted by an
14 accredited law enforcement academy; requiring a
15 district school board or private school principal to
16 allow for campus tours by local law enforcement
17 agencies once every 3 years; requiring that
18 recommended changes be documented; amending s.
19 1006.12, F.S.; authorizing district school boards to
20 commission one or more school safety officers on each
21 school campus; conforming a provision to changes made
22 by the act; amending ss. 435.04, 790.251, 921.0022,
23 and 1012.315, F.S.; conforming cross-references;
24 providing an effective date.
Thanks to McThag for the heads up