The Headrest Safe: Partake this:FacebookTwitterMorePrintEmailLike this:Like Loading... Related Spread the love Post navigation What’s a little Emotional Blackmail Amongst Friend? Cultural Differences
5 thoughts on “Interesting product, I might have to try it”
Hhhhmmmm. I don’t know..
Few things I like:
1. not obvious.
2. easy to access. (My underseat lock box is a pain to get to while seated.)
3. Does that “hide in plain sight” thing, which surprisingly works pretty well.
Few things I do not like:
1. Not really secure. Too easy to remove a headrest without tools.
2. Obviously they are aftermarket headrests, so someone in the know will be suspicious.
3. (this is a no-go in my book) not possible to use without signaling to the world you are putting a valuable item into a secure location. There is no difference (visually) between using this safe, and getting out of the car and putting a gun into a lockbox in the trunk before going into a shop.
Still, much better than popping it into the center console, or under a seat.
Mmm…. Like the innovation, like having more options; but nope, not for me. Two main reasons:
1. You have to raise the pistol above the level of the door to put it in the safe or take it out. That means anyone around can see there’s a gun in the car.
2. If you have a passenger, or there’s someone outside the passenger side, you will most likely be muzzling them.
That said, I could certainly see using it for things like registration and insurance card … stuff you want to keep somewhat secured, but in a place you can get to them at need in a manner such as to not make a cop nervous. I had handled that before by putting those docs in an envelope I clipped to the sun shade; but that’s not well secured in either a security or physical sense.
Seriously, J.Kb, if you want to do a test & eval on it, I’m willing to toss in a few bucks towards the purchase.
I very much like the hiding in plain sight aspect with the only downside being having to raise the weapon up to get it in there. Not a problem combat parked in a parking garage after making sure no one is around, bit of a problem out in the middle of the parking lot at the doctors office.
Gonna have to do some digging into these things thats pretty dang cool
Login or register to comment.