Apparently the 7.62×39. But we AK fans know that few problems in this world cannot be solved by it.
Like we did not know they were coming.
The White House said that to avoid being accused of capitalizing on the Arizona shootings for political gain, Obama will address the gun issue in a separate speech, likely early next month. He’s also expected to use Arizona as a starting point, but make the case that America’s gun laws have been too loose for much longer than just the past few weeks.
Time to roll up the sleeves again and get working on your congresscritters. Phone calls, emails, faxes and the threat of electing something else are to be used.
He should have tried to pierce his ear using that tool. It would have helped clean the gene pool.
No, it is not about Bloombergtown proposed law to ban texting while being New Yorker or about the idiot who fell in a fountain while texting.
A “Black Widow” suicide bomber planned a terrorist attack in central Moscow on New Year’s Eve but was killed when an unexpected text message set off her bomb too early, according to Russian security sources.
She must have been a relative the suicide bombers that got confused by Israel’s switch from Daylight Savings to Standard time and got themselves in itsy bitsy tiny pieces for not adjusting the timers of their bombs.
Senator Boxer’s legislation would require all states that allow residents to carry concealed weapons to establish permitting processes that would include meaningful consultation with local law enforcement authorities to determine whether the permit applicant is worthy of the public trust and has shown good cause to carry a concealed firearm.
Rhetorical question: Is Senator Barbara Boxer suffering from some malady that require frequent trips to the local Pot Drugstore? Does she have anybody in her staff to tell her:”Yo Babs, this might not be one of your best ideas, you know? That thing in our history called racism where it was left at the discretion of the local law enforcement authorities to say a nigger wasn’t good enough to own a gun?”
Robert at Suburban Sheepdog had a wonderful post titled “I believe.” And of course and as usual I have to come around and do my messed up version of the thing.
- I believe in shooting dreams where the ammo and the targets are plentiful.
- I believe that somebody should come up with a cologne that smells like hickory smoke and grilled steaks.
- I believe that eyes have seduced more men than any other anatomical part of the female body.
- I believe that Bogie’s best movie was The Caine Mutiny and not Casablanca.
- I believe that the best meal in the world is a sharp knife slicing prosciutto, cutting gallego cheese and home made bread.
- I believe that watching a body of water like a flowing river or a lake is better than any anti depressant drug.
- I believe that the Big Bang was nothing more than God snapping his fingers.
- I believe that if you believe that the whole Universe from the complexity of Celestial mechanics to the DNA strand of a single cell organism is just a “coincidence” you are a damn fool.
- I believe that the best romantic movies of all times are “Heaven Knows Mr. Allison” and “Cyrano de Bergerac” (The Jose Ferrer version, not the fat french idiot’s.)
- I believe that the best “escape drug” is reading a good book alone at night.
- I believe that female cats when they die, reincarnate as Southern Belles.
- I believe music affects behavior (and if you don’t think so, come ride in the car with me while I listen to EL&P’s “Brain Salad Surgery” and no, I will not pay for your shrink afterward.)
- I believe this is enough for now.
Pop quiz Hot Shot. If you had to choose between Ice-T and the message of his music
I got my black shirt on.
I got my black gloves on.
I got my ski mask on.
This shit’s been too long.
I got my twelve gauge sawed off.
I got my headlights turned off.
I’m ’bout to bust some shots off.
I’m ’bout to dust some cops off.
I’m a COP KILLER, better you than me.
COP KILLER, fuck police brutality!
COP KILLER, I know your family’s grieving,
COP KILLER, but tonight we get even, ha ha.
Or the simple speech of Charlton Heston
Which style do you think will bring more cops to our side?
And before you start blabbering about the First Amendment and your right of to say whatever you want, a reminder that if the Second Amendment goes to hell, the First will be going right behind it. And yes, you can exercise your right to be as stupid as you want, but if you did not notice because you were too busy arguing in a gun forum about how tactical your gun is, the first thing that happened after the Arizona Shooting was a direct attack on BOTH the First and the Second Amendments by those who would like us gone, including many in the media who claim to be defenders of the Freedom of Speech.