Let’s check all the things that were done right.
– Sturdy door. They bad guys tried but failed to open the door quickly. It may have given the homeowner time to activate his plan.
– Camera. It is a wild guess, but the delay in shooting is probably explained by the homeowner checking the feed and realizing they were not “Seattle Police.”
– Motion activated light. I think we have heard this before: Be sure of your target.
– Don’t break perimeter. No need to go John Wick close up and personal. Better they don’t see you coming.
– HAVE A GUN! At the end of the day (or night in this instance) it was the proper application of firepower that ended the attack.
I love happy endings. How about you?