This is a sad case, but interesting on how many lessons can be learned:
Quick summary: The shooter was a teacher and enraged for reasons (apparently, he had mental issues and was suspended from the school he worked at) and managed to kill 8 people in a welding shop with a shotgun and double ought buck. He arrived and left the scene in a bicycle and was taken out by a civilian with a 1981 Lincoln Continental.
- You can’t predict crazy.
- No assault weapon was needed for this massacre. I believe the shotgun in the photo is a Mossberg Mariner with just the pistol grip.
- I have to believe the shooter was proficient with the darned thing because that is not an easy weapon to operate.
- Double Ought buck is a devastating round.
- A 1981 Lincoln Continental is 28,000,000 grains and will take out a killer if properly used. That also goes for most cars (I would not bet much on a Mini Cooper or a Fiat 500)
- Unarmed victims make for easy targets.
Feel free to share your own lessons and conclusions.