I grew up in a traditional family. Part of this meant that we ate as a family every night. When we finally got a TV, we didn’t eat in front of it. That was something that was a reserved special treat.
For a long time, I had lost that. When my wife and I got together I reinstated that family meal.
Unless it is something special, we eat at the table. The entire family. If you are feeling anti-social, you still come down and say prayers.
We go around the table and everybody gives thanks for something real to them for that day.
- Thank you to Miguel for letting me write for the blog and for trusting me to take care of his child
- Thank you to J.Kb for putting up with me as a co-blogger.
- Thank you to you, our readers. Your readership means a great deal to me.
- Thank you to our founding fathers that gave us this great country
- Thank you to all the men, women, and children that have fought to keep this country free
- Thank you for winning the lottery when I was born an American.
- Thank you for the protected right to armed self-defense
- Thank you for the vast wealth our country has
- Thank you for the vast wealth each of us has.
- Thank you for the technology that allows me to work in this great state with people around the world.
- Thank you to our Creator, who has given us so much.
- Thank you for the joy of bang sticks.
- Thank you for the smiles of my new born children
- Thank you for the smiles, glares, “Oh Dad…” of my children today.
- Thank you for the health care that has allowed my wife to have four knee replacements.
- Thank you for the modern medicines that keep me going.
- Thank you for all the plenty that is on our table, every day.
- Thank you to my friends. Those that have passed, those that are gone, those that are close, and for all my friends I have yet to meet.