A tourist was savagely beaten, stomped and spit on by a gang of over a dozen youths at the entrance to the Washington Hilton Hotel around 1 a.m. on July 14, according to Washington, D.C. police who released hotel surveillance video showing the brutal unprovoked attack.
I think we can safely say we are in a new era of mob violence for violence’s sake. I am not going to give you a 500 word essay on the collapse of civility and good manners as we know what is going on. The only thing I can say is to understand we are in slow crescendo of violence, instigated by elements that see it as a valid political tool and that you should expect coming to a neighborhood near you.
So, some observations I feel I need to share.
- Realize there is no such ting as a safe place.
- Nobody will rush save you.
- Carry a gun because you don’t know when you are going to need it
- It is OK to get the hell out of Dodge.
- Self Defense is not a sporting event. Fairness is out the window when your life is at risk.